Friday, January 25, 2019

Arroyo Seco ATV Tour #2





The night before we were to go on our ATV tour up Arroyo Seco, the moon had a late night showing of a Super Blood Wolf Moon. Starting about 9:30 PM the moon passed through the Earth's shadow in a total lunar eclipse. Due to the clear skies, and the fact that there would not be a total lunar eclipse again until May of 2021, I had to view the event and try and get some photos. I had a little success but did not get a photo of the true blood moon.  My camera, the tripod, and my impatience caused things to go south. I got frustrated and went to bed. We had an early morning coming so I tossed in the towel.

We met over at Ray's place and were assigned an ATV for the day. The tour was exactly like the one we did last year so I you want to read about it follow this link to the post.

Things that changed were the people we traveled with, the amount of water in the arroyo and how far we hiked when we left the ATVs.  This years group was much less mobile and so we decided to not hike to the falls. This was fine and gave us a chance to swim and play in the pools at the end of the ride.



Had to stop for round-up. Mexico!

Linda on her ATV.
Jacquie and Grant robbing a bank, just kidding.









No comments: