Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Melaque Day Uno

The trip down was tiring but uneventful. We left in snow and were forced to drive on icy roads, but we made it without incident. The flights, though real tight, were mundane. From LA to Manzanillo it was about a bumpy as any I have ever been on. I just put the iPod on and slept; Linda read and squeezed my hand.

We met Larry and Maggie at the airport and loaded up their pickup with our gear. It was real nice to have them there, a special way to arrive in Mexico. We got into the place and unpacked. Not much has changed so it is still very comfortable.
We walked into the heart of Melaque and ate dinner.

The little place we ate at is so reasonable in price and very consistent that it is usually our first meal stop every year. After dinner we walked to the store and bought supplies. The packs were full and very heavy for the walk back. I was as beat as I have ever been on the first night of our trip. I guess that should be expected when you get up a 1:30 am and travel all day.

Wednesday Linda woke up and ran, while I slept in. Once I got up we heard the call of our neighbors for volleyball and we got a couple hours of exercise under our belts. At noon Cd’A time I got on line and hooked up to the server at the college. The gang was on playing Counter Strike, so I joined in and played the hour. Noon Cd’A time is 2:00 PM down here, so I don’t miss any fun by playing. Down here it is “Siesta” and everything is closed. I’ll try to play a couple more times over the break.

2 comments:

Owl X said...

All meals must be photographed to successfully complete the mission.

Anonymous said...

Did Linda use her SPanish already? Keep her in line
Cain