Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lewiston is HOT!

This weekend we spent our time at Hell's Gate State Park for another Duathlon. We drove down Friday night and got a real good camp spot. It was about 106 when we got there, so once we got set up, we fired up the AC in the camper. We sat out side in the shade and waited for the sun to set. By the time we went to bed the camper was cooled off and we were able to get to sleep without any problems.

Saturday morning we did the duathlon thing. Linda ran well and took first in her age group. I sat around and took care of Kobi. He was good, but after about two hours we both need a break from each other. My problem was I didn't bring a chair, so I had to spend all my time in Kobi's space. He kept laying on me and nudging me with his nose. That's cute, but only for a while.


When Linda was finished and got back to the camper we rode our bikes into Lewiston and had lunch at the Main St. Grill. Just what the doctored ordered! Linda had a BLT wrap and I had a grinder. The meal was excellent and it made our day.


We rode home and the sky's clouded up causing the temperature to cool off. We went to bed and that night the thunder and lightning moved in followed by a hard down pour. It cooled everything off so sleep was easy.


Sunday we drove home and did some shopping. It was a real nice weekend, Lewiston is always hot and if we needed to visit there, this was probably the best weekend to visit.

No comments: