Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Windows

Several weeks ago we had the pleasure of having a visit from our two good friends from Canada, Jacquie and Grant. Before they arrived, Linda and I cleaned our house from top to bottom. One of the tasks led us into the guest bedroom where we set about cleaning the window glass. Linda was inside and I went outside and we started cleaning. When Linda pressed on the glass to clean it, the whole window glass fell out and I barely caught it in time.


I pushed it back into place and rushed into the garage, grabbing some caulk. I smeared the glass and the window frame with the calk and pushed it back into place. It held and our visitors had a window. My next big project was crystal clear (like our windows). I would have to replace that window and two others.

All the windows in our house need a bit of attention, but three were very bad. I checked the size and found that they were standard-sized window frames. Then I priced them and did some research dealing with replacing the windows myself. My neighbor, Steve, said that he didn't think it would be hard and offered to help.

On a sunny Monday morning, I walked into the backyard and tore off the window frames exposing the old window to the world. It didn't look like a huge task so I took everything off down to the window. I then went over and got Steve.

For the next four days, Steve and I played home improvement and tore out and installed three windows. These pictures will tell the story. I finished painting today.




No comments: