Saturday, November 03, 2012

Fished Twice, Still Nothing

Mike heating up some chili.
This last week I was able to get down to the Clearwater River and fish for Stealhead twice.  First time I dropped down to the river by myself  and fished for a day. Once I had worked the water for six hours or so I got tired and drove up to Kendrick and visited Raina and Dean. 

Ever since Raina married Dean, I have teased her about living the "farm" life in Kendrick Idaho.  My vision of their place was based on the TV show Green Aces.  I pictured them living on a rundown old farm with cows by the front door and chickens in the kitchen.

I arrived in Kendrick at about 4:30 PM and followed the map they had sent, through the town and up ninth street.  To say they live on a little hill would be an understatement.  They live on a HILL.  It's steep enough that as you climb you have to keep your fingers crossed hoping that nothing gives out and you coast backwards to the valley floor.  I think Raina said it best, later in the evening, when the one lone trick-or-treater that showed up rang the doorbell.  She exclaimed "how the heck did you get up here?"  Raina tossed him a hand full of candy and he said "dad drove me."

You know it is steep when kids won't hike up the hill for candy!

Waiting for the bite to start.
The house was great! Not a cow or chicken in the place.  In fact I was a little disappointed  that it was so normal.  That takes away all the jokes and teasing I have given Raina about living in Kendrick.  I have to bring Linda down to visit and show her how normal it is.

I stayed the night and in the morning we parted ways.  Dean and Raina had to drive to Orifino I'll leave all the humor and speculation to you readers.

When I got back home in Post Falls I got in touch with Mike Wassmuth and found out he was heading back down to fish on Friday so I joined him.  WE drove down, fished, and drove back.  Noticed I said fished.  We failed to catch anything, but the weather was real nice and we enjoyed being out on the water.  Days like that are getting fewer and fewer.  Not catching fish does not bother me, really. OK, maybe a little.

No comments: