Monday, March 17, 2008

Yes, She Kicked Booty

I made reference to Linda being gone Friday and Saturday in my prevous post. She and Tia, her training friend, had driven down to Lewiston ID on Friday night. Saturday Linda competed in the 2008 Tri-State Outfitters DUATHLON. This is the fourth spring duathlon that she has competed in at Hells Gate State Park. She also competes in the Fall event held at the same location.

She placed 51st out of 142 total participants. Her time was 1 :11:12.32 for the 2 mile run, 12 mile ride, 2 mile run. She was the 7th woman to cross the line and there were 50 women in the race. The six women who came in before here were all younger. She finished 1st of the women in her age group 45-49. I think she did great! Did I tell you that she had to stop and check to see if her tire was going flat? Yep, she thought she was getting a flat so she stopped, checked it and then started again. I figure that is about another minute off her time if she didn't have to stop. My little animal.

1 comment:

The Edwards Family said...

Way to go Linda! You are amazing. We need to watch the Zags play if they win Friday.
See you soon.
R-H-Z