Thursday, December 18, 2008

Barra de Navidad, el Destinacion

We got up a bit earlier this morning and walked to Barra via the sandy playa. The walk hasn't changed much since we started visiting this area. It still is a warm trudge through thick foot sucking sand. At the end of the walk we were sweaty, thirsty, and ready to explore.

We ate desayuno at Mexico Lindo. It was a wonderful meal, much larger than we expected and very, very good. Linda had Huevos Revueltos with fresh fruta and I ordered chilaquiles con pollo and then we shared molletes azucar y canela. Way too much for the morning breakfast but we did walk the beach sands to get here so what the heck.

We walked out and took a picture of the area where my virtual geocache is located. It's been quite a few years since I established the cache, it gets hit quite a bit during the tourist season. Each time we are down visiting, it usually gets hit a couple times. Last year we had a beer with two cachers from Canada, after they found it, while we were in Mexico. It's considered a virtual cache, which means it has no hidden container to find. In the caching world it's old school and rather renegade. They won't let you post that type any longer. I guess you would have to establish it as a waymark, not a geocache.

We shopped a bit and Linda bartered for her usual friendship bracelets that she gives the kids in her class. I always want her to give the good kids bracelets and the three odd butt heads, give them some sand. Linda treats them all the same no matter how big of s#%* heads they are.

About the time when I was wearing out, Linda said she was ready to walk back to Melaque. Wait a minute, walk back? We split up and I headed to catch a bus with my 6 pesos Linda assured me would get me home, and Linda started walking the beach back to the homestead. I must have just missed my bus because I had to wait quite a while but eventually it rounded the corner and ground to a stop. I jumped on board and handed the driver my 6 big ones. He handed me 1 back and we were on our way. The bus system is very easy to use, not real comfortable, but it beats walking the beach in the hot sun. I arrived at the corner next to our house just seconds after Linda arrive via her beach route. If I had hit the bus at a better time and then got off when the bus made its turn south after four blocks on Reforma, I would have beat her by about 10 minutes or more. That little tidbit is good to know if you are ever trying to win pesos off the tourists by racing them home.






2 comments:

Owl X said...

That Chilqueles looks wonderful. Oh, and so does the weather.

Anonymous said...

What great photos! Looks so fun--and warm!