Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Onward to the Coast!

We drove over to Westport to visit our friends Don and Caroline for a few days.  The drive was uneventful and we made very good time, leaving Post Falls at 7:30 AM and arriving at 3:00 PM. We set up the camper in their neighbor's driveway; it is flat and those folks are somewhere south in the warmth.

Like most times we have visited, the weather has been on and off rain, clouds, and sun.  We had a big dinner with all the family in attendance and then went to bed by about 10:00 PM.

The next morning we went to the beach and walked. Kobi and Linda loved it. Kobi rolled in some stinky beach mess and Linda ran in the sand trying to avoid the waves. I moved along at a leisurely pace, looking for float balls and collectible beach junk. I didn't find anything but took some pictures and tried to keep the dog out of the ocean.

I found a crab shell on the beach. We had talked about crab shell markings the night before when we were cracking crab that Chris had dropped by.  Chris had pointed out that there is a wolf head in the natural design on the back of the crab.  Look closely and you should be able to see it.  Well, unless you are Caroline. She said she never could see it.

As part of my afternoon job list, I was asked to see if I could repair a lawnmower. I checked it out and couldn't get it to work. Then I Googled the problem and found that it was probably the spark plug. We drove into town and purchased a plug that was said to work and brought it home.

I installed it and the mower started on the first pull. What did we do before Google? 

1 comment:

Al Dee Sollinger said...

Before Google we would have bought a new mower.