Friday, November 18, 2011

Winter Lake Fishing?

This morning I woke up and looked at the weather and called Darren.  We decided to go fishing on Lake Coeur d'Alene for the Salmon that live in the depth.  It took me about an hour and a half to get the boat ready.

Darren arrived and we drove out to Higgins Point.  We got ready to put the boat in and I noticed that the clip from the kicker gas line had popped off and drug all the way out from the house.  It was broken and didn't work.

We drove to Black Sheep and I bought a new one.  Back at Higgin's Point we backed the boat in and idled out on to the lake. Darren drove the boat and I set up the gear.  We headed up the lake.  On the way we were able to catch six fish.  None of them keep-able.  One was 18 inched and the rest were a bit smaller.

The weather got worse as we fished, but we were in the warm boat and having fun.  I said we caught six fish, but I didn't mention that we only knew two of them were actually on.  I found the others when I reeled in to check for seaweed.  Hey, they didn't shake the rod!

We made our way back to the dock and there was about four inches of snow on the ramp.  Darren went and got the truck but as he backed it up we noticed that the wheels on the trailer were frozen.  Once we broke the wheels lose, Darren backed down and we loaded the boat.  Pulling the boat out was a bit scary, it slipped a bit but Darren was able to get it out.  The roads were awful, real bad, I mean we drove about 15 mph all the way home.

As we slowly made our way back to the house we laughed about how bad the weather was. Probably the only guys out fishing today.  Did I say we caught six fish?


1 comment:

Beth said...

Good thing you like that kinda weather, Deano! Or at least have figured out how to make the best of it...

See you in three weeks!! Where there won't be a snowflake in sight....hugs to Linda! I'll talk to you guys soon.