Friday, February 29, 2008

Ain't She A Beaut!

The weather finally broke a bit and so I was able to get the truck washed and a photo taken. This is our new Dodge 3500. I basically needed to post this for TheBeanTeam. I know everyone will want to see It, because it's so great.

My first few weeks as a diesel truck owner has been interesting. When I traded in our Dodge 2500, I was able to remove all the upgrades I had installed over the past two years. I posted salvaged parts on the internet to see if they would sell. As soon as people saw that I purchased a new truck and had parts, it opened up a new relm of conversation. In my two secret worlds, the truck camper or TC world and the diesel truck (DT) world I am no longer a ¾ ton truck owner that is constantly worried about weight and power. I have moved to a higher realm. My online forum status has changed. I am now a DT person, in the DTC. I have now a new set of buddies or pals within these worlds. They all talk in different letters. SRW, DRW, DTC, Tq?, are used without explanation. They greet you with a smiley icon and a “how you likin your SRW DT? Does your TC fit it well?” Most of the time I put in during these forum visits is extended due to having to figure out what they are saying using these acronyms. The learning curve is extremely high, most of the forum members do little to educate you until you break down and ask for explanations. Of course most of us would rather eat glass then let someone know that you don’t know what a DRW is. It's going to be fun to own my DT, it will help us with our travels with the camper. I just have to learn the language of the Diesel Truck Community.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arf, arf, arf, Tim Taylor-style, Deano! :-)

Can't wait to see it...enjoy the new toy! Hugs to Linda.

Anonymous said...

So exactly what does glass taste like Dean?

Nice ride.

TheBeanTeam