Saturday, January 18, 2014

Prine Numbers

Talk around the pool the other day turned to guitars, singing and mostly John Prine. Linda told everyone my secret about singing in college and the next thing I knew we were having a hoot-a-nanny over at Ted and Penny's place. Larry knows everything John Prine ever wrote and Ted had been practicing some of Prine's songs on his guitar. The other Ted spoke up and injected that he played guitar and sang a bunch of Prine's songs.  It was on for 2 PM today and there was no getting out of it for me.



We all met at Ted's upper music room. The two Teds (or Ted squared), Larry, Ted's wife Elaine, and Berry a neighbor. Linda joined us later. While the two Ted's played and sang the rest of us did the best we could to follow along.  At times I think a lot of dogs in Melaque were covering their heads with their paws.  We had fun.  Both Ted's were very good guitar players and their music covered up many of our singing mistakes. When Linda joined us the tequila was a flowing but the songs we winding down.  Most everyone had commitments later on in the evening so we had to Prine to rest and call it a day. It was great fun and I don't think I embarrassed myself too much.



No comments: