Monday, May 07, 2012

One Afternoon

Kobi's PFD
Mom, dad and the kids.
Here was my thoughts, Kobi hates to do anything that deals with any type of transportation.  He doesn't like the truck or Jeep and he will actually hide if he thinks you are going to ask him to get into one of them. We took him on the boat once and that didn't work very well either.  A friend suggested that we attempt putting Kobi in the boat while he is swaddled in a dog life jacket.  Some dogs like the security of swaddling and will calm down and allow you to do things that normal you can not do. So this morning I put the PFD around Mr. Kobi to see if he would allow me to put him on the boat.  

I started by strapping him into the vest to let him get used to it.  He just stood in the center of the room looking pathetic. He did not move for about an hour and I just wandered around getting stuff ready.  I drug him out to the deck and took the picture below and he stood there for another half hour.

Finally I got his lead and he ran in under the table and hid.  How did that little goober know I wanted to take him anywhere.  This is the first time I have even tried to do this yet he knew exactly what was up.  After about 10 minutes I took the vest off him and put him outside and went down to the boat. 

I had a great day in the sun, and Kobi spent his day sleeping in the back yard.  We were both happy.
33" Pike, Approx. 17 lbs.

Keeping an eye on everything in the bay.

1 comment:

Al Dee Sollinger said...

Kobe is a crack-up