Saturday, June 26, 2010

They Say the Wind Will Be Less Tomorrow!

It’s Saturday, the USA vs Ghana soccer game is on, and I have a bit of time to catch up on what has been happening. The house we are staying in is beautiful and has many more amenities than we thought. We have a golf cart to travel about theIMG_0663 island. I think I told some folks that they only travel using golf carts and that there were no cars in this town. I was wrong. There are cars, some of them very fancy. Big wheels, loud stereos and Caribbean rap; they drive around and around. The golf cart is the dominate form of transportation. Then when you drive you drive on the left side of the road. This is a bit disconcerting at first, but since my left hand hangs out the driver’s side, I just think of touching the walls as I go.IMG_0675

We fished hard yesterday, almost too hard. We were out early in the morning and fished right up until lunch and then headed back out and fished till about 8 pm. Fishing has not been good due to the wind. It is said to be blowing 25 to 30 mph and that is not good when you are working bonefish. I am at a disadvantage because I really don’t know what I am looking for and the wind really messes with the surface of the water. I have seen fish tailing, mudding and many spooking but have yet to hook up on anything.IMG_0662

When we are not our on the flats we are in the house talking about when and where we are going next. Our conversations go like this; “10:40 am for high water we were out on the flats at 11:15 am, but that was a bit late, what do you think Dean?” “Wait was that high water at 10:40 or was the beginning of high water?” “I think that if we are at the school house at that time then we should hit it right.” “But is that high or low wIMG_0654ater?” “We need to there on the incoming tide.” “So that is low tide rising right?” “Yes, but that will be an hour later tomorrow.” “So that is 11:40 am?” “No Dean that would be high tide. We want to be on the flats in the afternoon about 4:00 pm.” “You’re saying that but I think I’m not getting it. I’ll just go when you tell me.”

This conversation happens about three time a day and each time I get more confused. Speaking of being confused, is there Don having a drink at the end of the day,anything harder then trying to catch a fish you can’t see because of the waves, and you can’t cast because of the wind. Reports say the wind is going to calm down in the next few days so I many figure this out yet.

Incoming tide tomorrow at 5:56.

No comments: