Friday, July 31, 2009

Look Who Dropped In

I was sitting in my office at work on Monday when my Skype account window started flashing and beeping. Strange, no one calls me on Skype. So I answered it and low and behold it was Larry, our neighbor down in Malaque Mexico. He was calling from his home in La Connor, Washington to let us know that they would be coming our way on Wednesday and that they would like to get together and possibly stay at our place.

We talked for a bit, and of course I said that our place was theirs for as long as they needed.

On Wednesday morning they cruised in on their BMW Motorcycle. They had traveled up north to Kalona BC, stayed with some folks there and then headed down into the states. They spent the night in Kettle Falls, WA and got up early, rode down and arrived at our house at about 8:30 am.

It was great to see them! We made a big breakfast and sat around and talked until I had to go to work. They hung out in Cd'A during the day and then we had a real nice dinner together out a Tony's on Lake Coeur d'Alene.

In the morning they cruised south on I-95, heading for Cambridge, ID where they were visiting some relatives. It was a quick visit, but we enjoyed every minute.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: