Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Olympic Du

Linda and Shawna went out for a little horseback ride, so I mowed the lawn. Actually I started to harvest the crop of grass that is around the ranch. It is about six times the amount of lawn we have at our little place in Post Falls. You start by weed whacking the waist high grass around the irrigation stream that runs through the ranch. Then I started mowing the east forty, followed by the north thirty and then the south fifteen. One full pass fills the catch bag and then you have to march fifty yards to the dump grounds. After about two hours, Shawna finally gave me a wheel barrow so I could cut my dump marches so I was dumping four grass bags before I had to march the fifty yards.

Once we got the harvest complete we had to irrigate, so we tossed big rocks in the irrigation stream, which blocked it enough to redirect some current into the ditch that runs along the front yard. I thought the ditch was there to trip intruders up; Kobi kept tripping in the thing when we first arrived, once he landed face first. Really thought dogs were more coordinated. When that ditch fills the water flows into the yard and the road. Shawna called it flood watering, I called it a place for Kobi to get covered with water, grass and mud.









Over All

101. Linda Bennett 0 F 2:39:08 1 1:27:20 63 2:45 1:09:02 155 Post Falls, ID
FEMALES: 50 TO 54 YEARS OF AGE
1. Heather Leach 2056 51 F 2:19:58 Seattle, WA
2. Linda Bennett 0 F 2:39:08 Post Falls, ID
2. Georgene Richardson 2076 51 F 3:15:12 Medford, OR
3. Kathy Ploger 2053 54 F 3:23:19 Lincoln City, OR

2 comments:

Sue said...

sorry i have been computer dead for the last 3 weeks...missing your writing..hope you are enjoying the summer...we are having a blast. im week was the best for this lil ol family...

Anonymous said...

YAY Linda!!! And I bet this will make you appreciate your little patch o' green at home, Deano!