Saturday, January 24, 2009

Nothing, Just Posting.

It's cold out, but I really don't have to tell you that, most of you are probably experiencing this massive Arctic freeze. Today Linda and I went to the Spokane RV show and for the first time in three years we did not buy a new camper. Can you believe that? There were a lot of things to look at but nothing compared to our Snow River. I mean, nothing but the huge motor bus type RV's with three big LCD TV's and all the other accouterments that those colossal moving homes have. I still like the small life!

The tough thing was to get Linda to understand that truck campers are more expensive than travel trailers. For the price of a 10 foot camper, you can get a 23 foot travel trailer. That was hard for her to comprehend. You would thing it would be less costly to build a smaller camper, but the truth is, it cost quite a bit to make things weigh less. You have to use stronger materials that are lighter in weight and that always seems to cost more.

All I can say is that I love our camper and we spend more nights in it then the average RV owner does. It is well made and will be our little home for quite a long time.

This years RV show lacked in new advancements in the industry. We were not excited about any ting we saw. About the only cool things were the motor scooters that were the center of attention. We looked at Lamberetta Scooters, way cool. I bet I could almost get Linda to drive one of those.

I am just starting to think about where we should go for our spring break trip. I am leaning toward the Oregon coast this year. It has been nice to travel down to Utah each spring and get some warmth and sunshine, but I have a bug in my bonnet to get next to the ocean and explore some beaches. I think Linda likes that idea also, we will see, I still have a bit of time.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Of course I am going to comment, since all those bloggers out there that read your blog are scared to comment...anywhos I was thinking about you when I saw the RV commercial on TV and thought hmmmm, what have Dean and Linda been up to. I am going to Arizona for a couple of weeks in Feb..by myself..ask Linda if that is child abuse...:) oh Mikey, can you take care of the kiddos please...

Al Dee Sollinger said...

Good to see your still alive there in the frozen north.

Hope you could fit in a day with TheBeanTeam if you headed to the Oregon Coast.

I have been hoping to schedule a bike ride in Washington on another rails to trails project. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Horse_State_Park

The ride is about twenty miles long.

You guys game? If so what dates would work for you?