Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tummy Full

We just returned from dinner at Ava a restaurant located about four blocks from here. It was Italian night there so Linda had fajitas and I had carne asada. Just couldn't have Italian on the second night in Mexico, it just didn't sound right. The meal was very good and we demolished every bit of it including two bowls of salsa. Salsa down here is an exciting adventure. Each eatery produces their own salsa and each batch has its own distinctive flavor. Tonight's was very fresh with bits of very hot peppers. The batch this afternoon at Bigote's, had more sweet onions and less bite. I have not met a salsa I didn't like down here.

Our day started late due to the fact that we were exhausted from yesterday. Linda worked out and I had coffee while posting on the blog. Once we got it all together and had breakfast, we headed to the market. Market day is always fun. You don't need to buy anything, it's just a kick to wander and look at all the people pawing through all the junk imported from China. Last year I posted some video from the market, so this year I figured I would give you a break. We bought a small ceramic lizard. We'll put it into the camper next to last year purchase of some Day of the Dead art.

We ran into Buzz, an old friend that we met the very first year we came down to Melaque. I always look for him and feel better knowing he is still doing well. Buzz has to be in his late 80's now, but he still can talk your leg off. If you stop to chat with Buzz, you better have most of the afternoon to do so. We chatted until someone else he knew stopped by and we used the distraction to slip away. I don't know how many years he will be around, but I will look for him each time we visit.

We walked down to the beach and had lunch at Bigote's. I had a couple beers and Linda drank a margarita. It is not crowded in town yet, from what we have heard it's been a very slow tourist season start. Old Buzz expressed how glad he was that the economy may not have closed the tourist season completely, but it has been very sparse.

Back at the house, both Linda and I laid down to read, but fell sound asleep. I slept for about two hours and only read about a page and a half.

It doesn't take long to get into the groove down here. I think we are doing fine. Let see; 85 degrees, sunshine, salsa, good food and absolutely no SNOW! Yep, I could do this for a while!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Ok, the only thing that may get me through this stupid winter storm we are having is your stories...so keep um coming...while I have my glass of red and sit back and enjoy the reading...