Sunday, November 16, 2008

Camper Project Winter Coming

This weekend we had a break in the weather and I had a chance to get the final touches on putting the camper to bed for the winter. Project one was to cover the solar pannels. Last year I worried every time we had snow. At one time we had almost two feet on top of the camper. I got up on top of our Snow River and measured the pannels. Then I was off to Home Depot.

The first guy that approached and asked if I needed help went the extra mile for me. He looked over my measurements and grabbed everything I needed. Then we walked back to the saws and he cut everything to size for me. What a great deal, all I had to do was stand there.

I drove home and assembled the covers. During the process I had to make a few cuts, but that made the project a bit funner. The final products were just what the doctor ordered.

I then spent an hour cleaning the bugs off the front of the camper. That wasn't to bad of a job and the surface looks great.

Finally I covered everything with a blue tarp to keep the worst of the weather off. By that time I was pooped and ready to come inside and rest my feet. We took Kobi to the Stinky park and played chuck-it and that was the end of the weekend.




2 comments:

The Edwards Family said...

Hope you and Linda have a wonderful Thanksgiving break. I hope we can get together soon after. Give Kobi a big squeeze for us.
HRZ&W

Sue said...

Thanks Dean for being a friend this past year...Happy Turkey to you...and Happy B-day to me...I am thankful of alot...