Tuesday, November 11, 2008

51 in 08!

Sunday night I worked in the camper fixing the stereo system. Somehow the wires got messed up and we didn’t have sound coming out of one of the speakers. I worked to fix the problem by mending the wires I thought were the problem, but in the end I just cut all the wires and reconnected them following the diagram on the DVD unit. It worked out much better and I was able to finish the project with no real hassles.

By working in the camper it reminded me that we were done with our little home for the season. It is winterized and almost completely ready for the three months that we put it to bed. This weekend I will wash the exterior and cover it, of course that is only if the weather allows.

It’s sad to put the place away. I counted the nights that we used it this year and came up with about 51 nights last season. We stayed at some great places Heyburn State Park, Steamboat Rock State Park, Bell Bay, Priest Lake, Shoshone Creek, Coeur d’Alene River, Freeman Creek Campground on the Dworshak Reservoir, Grand Staircase-escalante National Monument and in the driveways of Linda’s parents and our home.

It was the year of the Dog you know. Linda and I talked about how we would not be able to do as much as years prior due to Kobi being added to our family. In fact we were only able to make one trip down on the Lower Salmon River this year; usually we get two or three in during the season. But we have enjoyed that little hound so much this summer that it was all worth it. Next year we will have no excuses for not getting out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dean, I think we have met. My name is Anne and I live in Ireland, I am a friend of Ali's. Your comment 51 in 08 intrigued me because I was 51 in '08. How I wish my 51 had just been a season in a trailer. Hello from Ireland, Anne Fursden