Thursday, October 23, 2008

Yeah, It Was Work!

Last weekend I traveled with the students to Portland Community College in Beaverton Oregon. We drove down on Thursday and returned on Sunday night. It was a long trip, but the students were great and we had a lot of fun.

At the conference I was given an award by the region. It surprised the heck out of me, I really had nothing to say. I was very flattered.

We took some time to explore Portland and ended up going to the Saturday Market. It is amazing how many students have never traveled to areas like Portland, or for that matter visited any cool tourist sights on the way to the big city. Here are a few photos from our trip.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Cool. The Bean Himself will want to know if you rode the train in Portland?

TheBeanTeam

Graydon said...

Hey Deano,
Congrats on the Solbach award. Wish that I had been there! Thanks also for your message about Graham. He is improving rapidly! Love you, Deano XOXO