Sunday, June 15, 2008

123 and Ducks

Linda ran the Post Falls Duathlon today and broke the 2 hour barrier. In this event the two runs are 3.1 miles folded around a 18.6 mile bike ride. It's kinda like an Oreo cookie, a thick burger between two buns, an ice cream sandwich, only for people who would never eat those things. Linda was #123 in the race, we thought that was a cool number. I'll be posting the results as soon as we get them. In the past she has not placed in this race, I think it is because of the two big down hill sections. We have to work on her not using the breaks on the fast runs from the top of the hill. I suggested we hook her breaks up to a battery and every time she hit the breaks it would shock her, but this is a bit extreme.

Results!
Bracket: 45 > 49 FEMALE 1st. finisher 01:58:14.00 49 #123 BENNETT, Linda Post Falls ID---SPLITS---> LEG 1: 00:25:04.00 LEG 2: 01:07:07.00 LEG 3: 00:26:03.00
5th Female finisher overall.
Total Finishers Male & Female: 122

That's my Bug!

Kobi and dad did well amongst the crowd of spectators. The dog drew a lot of petting and Dean smiled and said "he's 17 weeks old, yes, he is a Golden." We did have a bit of a dog and Dean moment down by the fishing pond. We were watching the ducks on the pond, when not two feet from us a mother duck and her six ducklings burst out of the grass. Scared the bajesus out of me, Kobi jumped so high he landed in the water. I hope the poor guy is not scared for life and jumps every time he is surprised. I know I about had to change my pants.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sue said...

Good job Linda, you are becoming a rock star!!! We hung out and enjoyed the day with Mike...tomorrow we pick up this pro dude from Wisconsin at the airport..he is staying with some friends of ours. Always a blast to host one of them, they are amazing...Our guests come in next Wed...looking forward to my favorite event of the year...I shall take a photo of Bella to show you...