Saturday, March 22, 2008

Communication Break Down

Ever had everything going in your direction and then boom it all changed. It is a emotional drain when the carpet is pulled out from under you and suddenly you are left shaking mad, totally confused and all your trust gone. That was yesterday afternoon for me and today I still feel drained.

I posted that we were dealing with a new super nice camper. Why? I don't know, it has everything and is bigger, more spacious and we both really want it. So we get to the numbers game and by email I make an offer, they counter, I offer, they except, and then I call to set up the time we could get together and sign the papers and it all changes. "No, our computer kid made a typo." All their blame went on the computer kid, and they even tried to put some of it on me! Man I was mad. I called the deal off and last night I was miserable. I'm thinking of blogging our email exchanges with the RV place so that I can refer people to this area if they want to know what happened, at lease my side of the story.

It was and expensive endeavor, and you really get emotionally attached to everything in the transaction. I though that by using email I would have back-up of everything said and it would take the emotion out of the deal, but that didn't work. I guess I'll be getting a call from the salesman in a few minutes, I left it with "If you have a better offer, call me in the morning." I'm sure I will walk away from this one.

No comments: