Friday, December 21, 2007

¡Él I Caliente En Malaque, México!

So day two started for me about 9:00 AM, when I rolled out of bed and walked out to the pool. Temperature was moderate out side, but things were setting up to get hot! Linda had gone to the "club" and worked out. She found the place several years ago and always tries to get over there to lift weights. It cost her a few pesos, has only old free weights, but I think it is the mystique of working out with all the various people that's the draw.

We ate breakfast and I got on line. One of the new luxuries of the place is wireless Internet access. I'll be on line and posting regularly because I don't like to lay in the sun as much as Linda. I put in about fifteen minutes each day trying to ease my white Idaho body into the sun of Mexico. I'll extend that as we get further into our vacation.

Posting and surfing will fill the time during the day when everyone down here is taking their siestas. I plan of goofing with the blog and posting as many pictures as I can.

Right now it is about 4:00 PM and everything is real quiet. Well, quiet for Mexico that is. There are still the dogs barking, chickens crowing, 4 wheelers on the beach, waves pounding, and music playing, but that is normal down here.

I can't figure out the 4 wheeler thing. It is said to be illegal to ride them on the beaches around Melaque, but they go back and forth quite often. The beach patrols ride them but I never see them stop local riders. Some times they yell something to the drivers, but nothing happens. It could be worse and really doesn't bother us too much.

I took a picture of the receipt from the Supermarket and posted it. Our first night we spent $239.82 on food. Of course that's pesos so that was about $23 us. If you look at what we bought you can see how much things run down here. A can of re fried beans was about $.69.
Coca Cola Light is $.73, and milk was $1.00. A little less then up there in Idaho. Where you score is at dinner! Last night we had four tacos, a plate of chicken enchiladas (4) and two sodas and it came to $7.80 US. Feed two up North for that will you!

Linda just got up from her nap so I'll continue this later this evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The BIG question is, how much was the cerveza??

That pool looks luscious - is there room in there for me? I think I might have to come down there and join you -

See you manana!!!