Thursday, August 30, 2007

Almost Cut My Hair! Yeah for $1790.00

On Wednesday I was sitting with about five bald guys and we were talking about what we were doing on the weekend. I said I was going to Oregon and mentioned that I was going to get a hair cut. One of them piped up and said he would cut my hair for $1.05. The rest of them chimed in and said they would give me a total of $10.00 to cut my hair. So I said, no way! I would not cut my hair off for less then $1000. So in the all campus meeting my boss stood up and announced that Dean Bennett will shave all his hair off if we collect $1000 for an NIC scholarship. Well, a week later they had raised $1790! So at the welcome picnic, they brought out the clippers and two of the staff cut my silver hair off. The money will go in to the Wes Hatch Scholarship fund. Mr. Hatch was my boss for the first five years at NIC and I had great respect for him. He passed away several years ago and the scholarship was started in his name. Having my hair cut was no big deal. People keep telling me that it looks good. It'll grow back but boy that was an expensive hair cut.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was just you playing with PhotoShop, Deano! You really DID get it cut! Good cause - and you're right, it'll grow back. Too funny...it looks good!