Monday, May 30, 2005

Three Lakes Hike, Phew!


The trails and Lakes. Posted by Hello
The next day was long hike day. Well at least for me it was a long one. We hiked from camp to Yankee Lake and then to Canuck Lake where we ate lunch. After that we looped around to a lake called Turtle Lake. At Turtle Lake Baka swam and chased sticks for about a half hour. All the lakes had Turtles in them, but Turtle Lake was the smallest with the largest visible population. Along the trail we saw bear scat, but now bears. My knee did ok, but it still gives me problems and I have to be careful.

South end of Yankee Lake. Posted by Hello

A photo moment on Canuck Lake. Posted by Hello

Linda at Turtle Lake. Posted by Hello

Baka in Turtle Lake. Posted by Hello

In camp Linda and I were up for providing dinner. We made Linda’s favorite, mac and cheese in the dutch oven. It came out great if I do say so myself. Our desert was a crumb cake made in a second dutch and it came out just great also. I like cooking that way, but I have discovered that I need to get a food strainer for the camper. I accidently spilled the mac and cheese pot down the drain when I was trying to clean the dutch. It clogged the drain and I had to work on it for about a half hour to get it to function properly. Another lesson learned.

We had another fire and sat round exchanging stories of Mexico and future plans for travels.

No comments: